In 2013, Activa Capital publishes its ESG Charter, based on four areas:
- Optimising environmental impact
- Promoting responsible human resources management
- Ensuring exemplary governance
- Developing responsibility and social engagement
The ESG Charter is available here.
Activa Capital has undertaken a series of concrete actions involving its investment team, its portfolio companies, the Private Equity community at large and the charity sector.
Activa Capital’s first Sustainable Development awareness-raising seminar was organised in 2010 paving the way for the development of an internal corporate responsibility policy. Activa Capital conducted its first carbon footprint analysis in 2011.
With our Portfolio companies
Activa Capital and PwC conducted an ESG audit of the portfolio in 2011. The first results enabled us to assess the environmental and social impacts of each portfolio company and decide on appropriate plans of action to be implemented the next years.
Within the Private Equity community
- Activa Capital is a signatory to the UN PRI (United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment)
Activa Capital signed the UN’s Principles for Responsible Investment in October 2010 and committed to adopt and implement the Principles both as a company and as an active shareholder. Activa Capital has participated in the PRI’s annual reporting and assessment for the first time in 2012.
- Activa Capital is a member of the AFIC Sustainable Development Commission
Activa Capital is co-author of the AFIC Sustainable Development White Paper for French Private Equity which was published in December 2010 and is leading the work of the Commission on ESG Due Diligences and reporting.
Within the charity sector
Activa Capital is supporting the following charities, where Activa Capital team has donated financial and human capital:
- L'Agence du Don en Nature which is dedicated to helping people and communities by distributing corporate product donations to qualified non-profit organizations;
- Thierry Latran Foundation dedicated to Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (A.L.S.) and protection of motor neurons research;
- Le Rire Médecin which advocates helping children in hospital fight illness through the power of laughter and play.